Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can you out Jesus Dave Mustaine? Can anyone?

Now don't get me wrong, I love Megadeth. Shit, when I saw them in 2010 with Slayer and Testament it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. There was a Jello Biafra intro, Vic Rattlehead came up on stage, and they played "Rust in Peace' in its' entirety.

The level and ability of Mustaine's playing is incredible, considering his brainchild has been responsible for some of heavy metals catchiest and fantastic riffs. I think the band is cheesy for the most part, but its good cheese. Like a tasty provolone or swiss. Though I tend to mainly focus on Daves' music, I couldn't help but notice that he has been going gung-ho with the Jesus stuff. What gives Dave? You're the metal maniac!

"More like, Jesus is my business... And business is good".

You know, I suppose you got to do whatever you need to do to get over snorting 8-balls and freebasing crack.  And if you gotta be the God-squad to do it, by all means do it. But shit, Dave Mustaine has been taking it to new levels. Refusing to play with bands that have satanic imagery, getting them kicked off bills, cheesy prayer circles, Megadeth moving into Creed-like states of christian imagery with a conspiracy theory twist (although I enjoy a good conspiracy theory or two) and etc.

Dave recently came out with two things that seem fairly controversial in the metal world. First off, he voiced his support for the republican presidential nominee Rick Santorum, simply because he went home to be with his sick daughter. Who the fuck wouldn't do that? Rick Santorum is exactly what heavy metal isn't about, lack of individuality and blind-folded fascist-conservatism. What the fuck Dave?

Secondly, he recently said he opposes gay marriage. Now, I always have an irritation for people who are against this stuff. Considering that A) It's not your decision. B) It's not your problem. And C) It's none of your fucking business who someone decides to marry, and it certainly isn't the governments' either. 

His quote was "I'm not gay, so I don't support it". Well shit Dave, I'm not gay either, I've certainly never sucked a dick or fondled balls, but I support gay marriage; because every married couple deserves the right to be miserable. In fact, I'm pretty sure that gay couples have the lowest divorce rate in the country. So maybe, what I can propose, is that only gay couples can married and make straight marriage illegal.

Who knows, maybe some gay dude was hitting on Dave Mustaine because of his fiery long hair during a San Francisco date of Gigantour. Or maybe Alexi Laiho tried to introduce Dave to bisexual curiousness whilst on tour with Megadeth in 2005. But maybe, Dave started taking mescaline again and received a divine message  from Jesus wearing a Marty Friedman fanboy shirt telling Dave to go against gay marriage and support republican assclowns.

Dammit Jesus, why do you gotta do that bro? Couldn't you wait to come back in few months to partake in rapture festivities? I was looking forward to a lack of ignorance on this planet. 

Too bad Jesus is a Metallica fan. I'm pretty sure the only Megadeth album he has is 'Youthanasia'. Just because 'Train of Consequences' had a wicked bass line.

Speaking of bass lines, David Ellefson (aka Dave Junior) seems to be catching up with trying to out-Jesus Mustaine. He even started his own ministry (the church thing, not Al Jorgensons' heroin induced industrial band) and even talks about how Christianity is the only religion that makes sense (Sorry junior, but i'm gonna go with Buddhism on that one) I don't agree with his views, but at least he doesn't come off as a dick.

Please, I pray to the metal-Gods that Megadeth does not end up being a thrash version of Stryper. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this. Because you know, Stryper sucks ass.



No comments:

Post a Comment