Monday, March 19, 2012

Nerdisms - Play Skyrim, listen to Rush = Get pussy.

"Though I agree with the caption, you do have to be pretty badass to throw a  fireball".
Like many things in life that I thoroughly enjoy; doing nerdy shit is one thing on the top of my list besides masturbating and crying to Sinead O'Connor records. 

Seriously, who doesn't enjoy playing Skyrim while listening to Rush's 'Caress of Steel'? 

Unfortunately, these are the exact things that don't get you laid. If you even mention the idea of Necromancers, enchanted weapons, and the prophecy of the dragon-born will leave any female running to the door. That is, if  you don't bring it up correctly.

I began to think, I how could I possibly incorporate chronic nerdiness into conversation so that it won't alienate the ladies? It got me to think a little bit, though I claim to be no expert on the subject.

There are times when you simply don't want to converse about the simple bullshit with women. For me it's always something about an ex-boyfriend, they're VW bug, parties and all the crap. Shit, I just want to talk about the universe, my love for history and the music of Tool. But it's never simple and it always comes out awkward. I mean I can chat about your favorite moment of a Skrillex concert if it allows me to pursue some kind of encounter with you, but if it's not worth it... fuck it, I won't bother.

Shit, how can someone not be interested in Lord of the Rings, epic battles and so on? Are people seriously drained of all things that have some kind of weight behind it? All I'm looking for is some kind of depth in a conversation, whatever it may be.

But being nerdy shows a distinct willingness to dig deeper and express yourself away from the social norm. So why is this something that's off putting? Maybe it's because it's something that shallow and otherwise 'full of it' individuals can't understand. I'm sorry but hearing about jager bombs and going to the gym would make me want to tear out someone's throat.






No comments:

Post a Comment