Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The 80's are over. Deal with it.

Before I start this I would like you to know that I am a big fan of music from the 80's. Pretty much everything except hair 'metal' is enjoyable to me from this era. But with that being said, many musicians seem to dwell on this era like it was the glory days.

To me, what gets old is this constant 80's knock back metal that aims to keep the spirit of hairspray, tights and eye liner alive and ending up on another Vh1 series. There is no progression, no depth and no evolution. Just another bunch of whiskey drinking ballbusters who attempt to live out the glory days.

Does anyone really want to end up like Brett Michaels? Sure he had that show where he gets with a bunch of whores who probably couldn't even give a fuck about Poison; but creating a legacy based on showing up in reality T.V and exhausted reunion concerts over musical integrity and artistic merit? Count me out of that. All of that just seems like a really bad circus ast to me.

Think about that musicians. Forget that I'm an asshole for two seconds. And look deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment